Congratulations! You have made a decision to manage your weight I assume otherwise you would not read this blog post. In the last years research has uncovered many easy to use tricks to make losing weight a stroll in the park, automatic and keep the new target weight unconciously.Actually I call those little tricks the magic micro lifestyle adjustments which impact your waistline. You can use those tricks without even following a diet plan or excersice regime or you can add them to your new diet you would like to try out. It doesn’t matter. These tricks alone will have an impact on your weight management.
In the following I will take you through a pleasant journey to help you make some minor adjustments to your lifestyle. The journey already started since you are here. You came here for a reason and the reason is your weight. What is it about your weight that makes you think or feel this is not the right weight for you?
Now is the best time to think and notice why you want to lose weight. It is this trivial question which has already an impact on your weight management. Was it you that judged and decided about your weight, was it someone else who told you to change your weight ? What was the trigger ?
Take the time if you like now and answer these questions. Maybe you would like to talk with a friend and explain to her/him or you have done it already. It would be also good if you write it down for yourself.
These are already a few suggestions for little magic life adjustments. Below also in a list form. These suggestions are all scientifically proven to have an impact on the success of weight management. But wait the real effortless magic comes in when you select the tricks that would work best for you. You do not need to implement all of them. The magic is that you identify the ones that are very easy to do. You also don’t have to follow a precise order. For each of the following suggestions rate those from 1-10. 1 means it is so easy I do it without real effort and it is fun and 10 means I need all my strength to implement those and it is very very hard.
1. Talk to a person you trust and would support your decision to lose weight
2. Identify what your heart says to your decision and not your rational – what is the emotional part that triggers your decision
3. Write it down – put on paper
4. What is your goal and by when would you like to reach it? Write it down
5. What will you eat and do after you have reached your goal? Write it down
6. What is your goal in one year time? Write it down
7. Reflect on previous weight changes – what went well, how much did you lose, how long did you do it, why did you stop – write it down
8. Reflect on weight gain – how much weight did you gain since your last diet, in what period of time – write it down
9. Where do you eat during a week ? Where do you have breakfast, lunch, dinner, snags during the week? At home, in the office, outside, at a friend’s house?
10. What are your places connected to food and how often do you use those ? Do you eat in front of the television, when you drive in the car, do you eat at your desk, dining room table, kitchen?
11. With whom do you eat during a week and how often ? Family, friends, colleagues, alone, father, mother,….?
12. At what day(s) of the week is it most easy for you to follow your weight management plan?
13. At what day(s) of the week is it most easy for you to follow your diet?
14. At what day(s) of the week is it most difficult to follow your weight management plan?
15. At what day(s) of the week is it most difficult for you to follow your diet?
16. When do you consume the most food during the week? Mostly on the week-end?
17. At which times of the day do you eat the most food? Rather during the morning, in the afternoon or in the evening?
18. When do you reward yourself with eating and drinking? Is it with friends on the week-end, is it Friday evening after a work-week? Who is present when you reward yourself?
19. When do you enjoy eating the most? Candle light dinner in the restaurant? The Turkey with the Family on Thanksgiving?
More to come soon…sorry this is work in progress…
Establishing Rules and Rituals
1. Do you weigh yourself daily at home and write your weight down? If not daily can you do it more often and at what days of the week?
2. Do you eat breakfast regularly?
3. Do you eat mainly at the table? Can you do more of it and less in front of the television and at what days of the week?
4. Do you eat and drive? Can you do less of it and at what days of the week?
5. Do you read the food labels? Can you do more of it?
6. Do you cook? Can you do more of it or would you learn it if not?
7. Do you read books about weight management ? Can you do it more often?
8. Do you write down what you have eaten ? Can you do it at least for three days?
9. Do you have a partner or a group of people who also want to loose weight ? If not can you find one?
More points will be added soon. Sorry work in progres..
If you have further tricks please share in the comment below.