Linkedin Endorsements are one of a few key performance indicators about the attractiveness of your Linkedin Profile – your professional brand image.
The number of endorsements per Skill & Expertise over time will indicate what your professional network recognizes or has recognized as one of your key professional skills and expertise.
This is positive as long as the skills and expertise endorsed are the ones you want to be known for and are the ones you want to work with going forward.
It might be less favourable in the cases when your key skill and expertise endorsed is in the professional area you actually want to leave behind, grow out of or if this competence has become a commodity in the job market.
In these cases you have the option to hide the endorsements in your Linkedin Profile – you are not able to delete those. You can hide all the endorsement for one skill & expertise or selectively per person who endorsed you for it.
How to do it ?
1) Login to your Linkedin Profile
2) Select in Menu Profile -> the Item Edit Profile
3) Scroll to the Skills & Expertise Seciton in your profile
4) Select the blue Pen icon to edit it
5) Select the Manage Endorsements Tab
6) Click on the Skill & Expertise to see the endorsements
7) Deselect the tick box next to the person who has endorsed you