Once you are through the beggage claim and customs look for a WHSmith Bookstore.
I bought my sim card in the terminal 3 of the Copenhagen airport.
WHSmith Travel Ltd – Phone:+45 3248 3182
I did not have to show a passport or any other identification document.
The sim card is from lebara.dk and costs 25 DKK (Danish Crones) –
approximately 4.5 USD and is valid for 6 months.
I use an inexpensive Huawei Vodafone 858 Android phone. This phone is my mobile wifi hot spot for my iphone. More details here and how to configure the android phone:
Once I entered the lebara sim card in my huaweiphone a few minutes later I was able to make phone calls.
The end to end process to get access to the internet is more complex:
1. Call lebara Customer Service at 50 10 10 10
2.Then listen at least 30 seconds to Danish. If you here press 2 for English press 2 🙂
The voice will turn to English.
3. If it says setup internet press this number. I think it is Option 2.
If the minimum amount on your sim card is below 25 DKK ( Danish Crones) you need to do some steps (see below).
4. You will be told to go to help.lebara.dk internet page (which is an oxymoron at this stage (catch 22) .
These APN (AccessPointName) Settings have worked for me:
Name: Lebara internet
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
MMS proxy:<Not set>
Authentication type: none
APN type: default
5. Set up the Access Point Name as described in Step 4.
6. Swith off the android phone
7. Wait for 5 Minutes
8. Switch your android phone on.
9. Enter 0000
The Extra Steps which I found out after several calls to the customer service and wating at minimum 15 minutes to have a support agent on the phone. Once you reach one they are very helpful.
1. Go to WHSmith Bookshop and ask for lebara top up for 100 DKK (Danish Krona) if you want to telephone calls and internet or for a top up of 50 DKK if you only want to use internet (1GB Data). You also can get a top up of your lebara card at the 7-11 Stores (one is on the way from terminal 3 to terminal 2) at the copenhagen airport.
2. You will receive a pieces of paper with the heading Vaerdibevis and a logo of lebara mobile on it. In paragraph 2 or call it item 5 you will find a few English words. It says: For English: Call 50101234. Press 3. then 2.
It took several calls to lebara customer services until I worked this very brief guidance correctly.
3. Dial 50101234 and listen for a minimum of 35 to 55 seconds to the danish text. Do nothing while you listen. Then press 3 and listen again to some danish for 10 to 15 seconds and then press 2.
4. Hang up
5. Call again the number 50101234 and now the text will be in English. Follow the instruction:
6. I think to top up the amount of your card you need to press 2.
7. You need to enter an 8 digit code that you find under the logo of lebara mobile- look for the word KODE
Enter the 8 digit number and press hashtag #.
8. Enter a 6 digit number which is next to the 8 digit Code Number and press the hashtag #.
9. Now follow the instructions from the End to End process above from Step 1 Call the Customer Service Lebara line…..
Hope this guide was helpful.
I use the android phone as a mobile wifi hotspot for my iPhone. It was no problem to have a facetime call with my family at home with iPhone connected to the android phone and the android phone send the data over a 3G connection.
Buy your lebara sim card at amazon.com.
If you want to have your sim card before arriving in Copenhagen you can order the lebara sim card at amazon.com:
Lebara SIM Card (Denmark)
Detailed Step by Step Guide on how to setup your Android Phone to access the internet:
How to avoid data roaming and roaming fees ? Mobile Wlan Hotspot devices (router/smartphones/…)
How to buy a prepaid sim card a pay as you go PAYG sim card for internet access at London Heathrow airport or London City Airport^: https://ppalme.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/how-to-buy-a-prepaid-sim-card-pay-as-you-go-sim-card-for-internet-access-at-london-heathrow-airport-or-london-city-airport/
Tags: 3G, 7-Eleven, Access Point Name, Airport, APN, APN Settings, APN type, Apple, Authentication type, Copenhagen, Denmark, huawei, huawei vodafone 858, internet, iphone, iPhone Facetime, lebara, lebara.dk, MCC, MMS proxy, MMSC, MNC, mobile wifi hotspot, Port, prepaid sim card, Proxy, roaming, sim card, WHSmith